FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

Can I burn tree limbs and leaves on my property?

Warr Acres Municipal Code 8.16.350 prohibits open burning unless a pre-burn site inspection is conducted by the Fire Chief and a burn permit has been issued by the City. To inquire about a burn permit contact the Fire Chief.

How do I find Warr Acres ordinances (municipal laws)?

Ordinances are municipal laws passed and enforced by the City.  These include building code, health and safety, traffic, criminal, animal and several other types of municipal laws.  These laws are passed by the City Council and codified and posted online in a searchable and printable format CLICK HERE to view the current municipal ordinances.

How do I reserve a park facility?

The city park facilities are on a first come-first served bases. If you wish to use the pavilions arrive early so you can stake your claim.  Cherokee Hills Park has restrooms and electricity available, but you must contact City Hall at 405-789-2892 to make arrangements for the keys to these facilities.

Do I need a permit to have an outdoor fire?

Warr Acres Municipal Code 8.16.350 prohibits open burning unless a pre-burn site inspection is conducted by the Fire Chief and a burn permit has been issued by the City. To inquire about a burn permit contact the Fire Chief.

How do I obtain a building permit?

Many construction projects including plumbing, electrical, fence, storm shelter and others will require a permit from the City. The company doing the work may also be required to have a City of Warr Acres license.  If you have a construction project contact City Hall for a project review to determine if a permit or inspection … Continued

How do I register my vehicle?

You may apply for Oklahoma vehicle title and registration at any tag agency location. Application should be made within thirty (30) days of establishing residency.  For further information contact the Motor Vehicle Division of the Oklahoma Tax Commission at 405-521-3221, or you may visit any local tag agent. Oklahoma renewals may be don online at … Continued

How do I get my pet licensed?

Warr Acres ordinances require cats and dogs to be annually licensed and have current rabies vaccinations.  Bring proof of current (annual) rabies vaccination to the police department to obtain your license.  The fees are posted on the animal control page and are half as much for consecutive renewal.  The animal must have rabies tag and … Continued

How do I get a copy of a birth certificate?

The Oklahoma State Department of Health Division of Vital Records is responsible for registering every birth which occurs in the State of Oklahoma; as well as preserving, amending and issuing certified copies of those records in accordance with state law. To find out more about birth certificates in Oklahoma visit the Oklahoma State web site.

How do I get a marriage license?

Marriage licenses are issued by the Oklahoma County Court Clerk’s Office.   Check their web site for information or call them at 405-713-2239.

How do I start a business in the city?

There are several steps required to open a business in any city. These may vary depending on the type of business you plan to open. Warr Acres requires a business license for each location, and the license must be obtained prior to opening the business.   Contact the licensing clerk at 405-789-2892 for more information. Any construction … Continued

Close window