FAQ Topic: Police

Are fireworks legal in Warr Acres

Warr Acres municipal ordinance Chapter 8.20 prohibits the sale, possession and/or ignite/discharge any fireworks within the City limits.  Most other cities around Warr Acres also prohibit fireworks.

How does Warr Acres surplus city property?

The City ordinances and state laws dictate how the City is able to surplus or dispose of City owned property.  The City Council approves items to be declared surplus, and they are listed on the PublicSurplus web site.  Anybody can sign up as a user on PublicSurplus.com and bid on the surplus items. Check back … Continued

How do I get a vehicle out of impound?

For numerous reasons the Police Department or Code Enforcement may impound vehicles throughout the City.  If your vehicle was impounded by the Police Department you must obtain a vehicle release prior to recovering your vehicle.  To obtain the vehicle release the owner of the vehicle must bring the following to the Police Department: Original title … Continued

How do I find Warr Acres ordinances (municipal laws)?

Ordinances are municipal laws passed and enforced by the City.  These include building code, health and safety, traffic, criminal, animal and several other types of municipal laws.  These laws are passed by the City Council and codified and posted online in a searchable and printable format CLICK HERE to view the current municipal ordinances.

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?

The Warr Acres Police Department handles all emergency and non-emergency calls.   You can reach the Police Department at 405-789-3329 at any time of the day.  In case of emergency call 911 Tickets are handled by the Court Clerk who can be reached during office hours at 405-495-4032.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

The Police Department Records Division handles providing copies of police reports as well as requests for photo and video images.  Records may be requested by fax at 405-495-1951, by mail to the Police Department address or in person. When requesting a police report please include any information that will assist the records clerk in locating … Continued

How do I file a police report?

In response to an emergency CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY and appropriate response will be dispatched.  In non-emergency incidents contact the Warr Acres Police Department at 405-789-3329 or in person at the Police Department.  The police department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Because Warr Acres borders Oklahoma City and Bethany as well as … Continued

Close window