For numerous reasons the Police Department or Code Enforcement may impound vehicles throughout the City. If your vehicle was impounded by the Police Department you must obtain a vehicle release prior to recovering your vehicle. To obtain the vehicle release the owner of the vehicle must bring the following to the Police Department:
- Original title to the vehicle with the owner’s name printed on the front
- Current proof of insurance (security verification) for the vehicle being recovered.
- United States Government issued identification for the vehicle owner
- Driver’s license, State ID card or Passport
- Proof of the tag/registration being brought current (if tag was expired)
- $100 cash (no checks, cards, or money orders)
- Person with valid driver’s license if owner’s license is not valid, or owner does not have a license.
Once the release is issued the owner may present the release form at the wrecker service that is storing the vehicle, and pay the wrecker bill to recover their vehicle.