How do I dispose of paints and chemicals?

Warr Acres works with through an agreement with Oklahoma City for disposal of household hazardous waste.  This waste includes chemicals like certain paints, stains and varnishes, cleaners, polishes, automotive products, pesticides and herbicides. Many of these contain hazardous components that would be harmful to our environment if placed in the landfill with other trash.  The Oklahoma City facility that accepts household hazardous waste is located at 1621 S. Portland Avenue.  Bring your water bill as proof of residency.  For more information on this service view the household hazardous waste page of the Oklahoma City web site.

Close window