The Warr Acres City Fire Department is offering free CPR classes to anyone interested in learning this valuable skill on September 29th between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:30 pm. The class lasts approximately 10 minutes and is being offered as a walk-in service at the Warr Acres Fire Station, 5930 NW 49th Street.
The American Heart Association offers the following facts about CPR:
- Nearly 383,000 out of hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur annually, and 88% of cardiac arrests occur at home.
- 4 out of 5 cardiac arrests happen at home.
- Statistically, if called on to administer CPR in an emergency; the life you save is likely to be someone at home: a child, a spouse, a parent or a friend.
- Failure to act in a cardiac emergency can lead to unnecessary deaths.
- Effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival, but only 32% of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander.
Please call the fire department at 789-5912 if you have questions or need more information.