At the regular City Council meeting on Tuesday, July 21st, the City Council passed Ordinance No. 1202. This ordinance recognizes the threats of the COVID-19 pandemic to citizens and the economy. A temporary restriction is placed which requires all persons in Warr Acres to wear a facial covering which covers their nose and mouth while visiting any indoor place open to the public in Warr Acres. For full details please read the attached ordinance. This ordinance expires on September 8th, 2020.
The guidelines for face coverings include one that:
- fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face; and
- are secured; and
- allow for breathing without restrictions; and
- may be of the disposable or non-disposable type
There are some exemptions included in the ordinance;
- Persons under 11 years of age unless required by a school or day care to wear a face covering
- Persons working in a professional office who do not have any face-to-face interactions with the public
- Restaurant patrons while eating or drinking
- Persons in a setting where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, such as when receiving dental services, medical treatments, or while swimming or at a splash park.
- Persons engaged in any competitive sporting activities, whether professional or amateur or merely for recreational purposes;
- Persons engaged in performing cardio exercise, but they should make a reasonable effort to practice social distancing from persons not from their household
- Persons inside any Federal, State or County government building or other facility
- Persons inside any public or private school building or other facility unless required by the school to wear a face covering
- Persons with a development disability, including persons who are deaf and hard of hearing
While this is an enforceable ordinance please do not call 911 or the police department to report only the violation of the contents of this ordinance.